Tuesday, July 22, 2008

u call that a convocation?my foot

Hi i just came to know that my angel is deaf,my convocation was absolutely horrible,disastrous,big flop..it was nothing like what i had pictured,i began my journey from Chennai with my friend at 10.30,problem went in the previous bus ahead of me i guess.
As some guy by the name 'kaduvetti' guru was arrested we were had to go to tanjore via pondy,so bus got delayed by 2 hours,so we had to rush to college,there we registered,we were given a yellow(read YUK) robe to wear,after that rushed for photo registration.fortunately we were among the first few to go so did it easily.after that went to office to get my TC,i got mine easily but my friend anand was made to roam the whole day just because he did not submit a request letter(he has to go again,poor chap).
After that we roamed college like aimless sheep as we had plenty of time,at 3.30 we reached the ground,there we were made to wait in the hot sun with our robe,it was punishment i guess,sick.then finally at 4.45 we enter the hut,yes folks my college hosts it's functions in a big hut,the fools who made the arrangements didn't know maths so many students were made to stand.
I got my degree with 2600 other people in a long queue,one second on stage,no time to even let the feeling get to you.then when i came out to meet my friends i couldn't find any of my dear ones.one close friend of mine didn't talk to me a single word that day though she was next to me all the while but she had the time to pose for pics with many X's and Y's.finally took one or two pics and ended my photo session.
I entered the bio block where i was to return my robe so that i can get back my caution deposit of rs.150(again so silly),the staffs there told they won't return the money until the national anthem was sung and it was almost 8.my bus was at 11 in trichy(dist bet col and trichy is 40km).
After lot of quarreling i managed to get back my money,then started sprinting towards the college gate to catch my bus,reached trichy by 10.15,got some parcel boarded the bus and said to myself "my day can't be more worse" but i was wrong.
Only after i boarded the bus i came to know that the bus was missing it's second gear,one of the suspensions was broken.still i had no other option so stuck to that bus.but again more trouble,first a traffic jam that halted us for an hour,then a road block forced us to take an U-turn(the bus turned off nearly 30 times in 5 min for taking that turn).
Finally the icing was the bus met with three accidents,one in the rear and two on the sides,reached home at 10 the next day,i don't want even my worst enemy to have such a bad convocation.
SASTRA DOWN DOWN.......

1 comment:

  1. well, if you had got your convocation that easy maybe , yoyu know just maybe you might not no the worth of the degree..and the icing on the cake, while you got everything goin for you though slowly, but surely... u were lucky than your friend i think...

    ReplyDelete